I met a court reporter in a ski shop in Sandpoint, Idaho. My plan was to go to the UW, majoring in Psychology. The lady was so hip and cool and told me that her grandmother lived right by the court reporting school and that I could live with her and go to school. That's all she wrote. I dropped my UW plans and went to Green River, not really knowing a thing about court reporting. The rest is history.
Melonie has wide-ranging experience as a court reporter covering complex, multi-party depositions, trials, and arbitrations. She has been with Buell since 2000 and is experienced in delivering rough draft and expedited transcripts. Melonie also has Federal clearance.
A professional equestrienne, Melonie lives on a small horse farm north of Seattle where she boards horses and competes and trains to the Prix St. George level of dressage. She also has dogs, cats, chickens, peacocks, goats, and a turkey. She grows organic vegetables and pumpkins that she sells to the community.
Professional Designations & Education
- Registered Professional Reporter (RPR)
- Certified Court Reporter (CCR)
- Member, National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
- Member, Washington Court Reporters Association (WCRA)
- Member, NCRA Ethics First
- Graduate, Court Reporting Institute - Seattle
- Associate of Arts in Court Reporting, Green River Community College