What I enjoy most about court reporting is the challenge of learning something new every day.
Kate began her court reporting career in 1998. In 2008, she joined Buell after having worked as a freelance reporter in both Washington State and California. She has reported depositions both nationally and internationally for high-profile cases. Kate has vast experience reporting realtime cases, including delivering rough drafts and expedited transcripts in all areas of litigation. She also has Federal clearance.
Kate enjoys dance classes, reading sarcastic English science fiction, and attending the occasional wine tasting. She has a dog named Suki.
Professional Designations & Education
- Registered Professional Reporter (RPR)
- Certified Realtime Reporter (CRR)
- Certified Court Reporter (CCR) Washington
- Certified Court Reporter (CCR) California
- Member, National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
- Member, Washington Freelance Shorthand Reporters Association (WFSRA)
- Member, NCRA Ethics First
- Graduate, California School of Court Reporting in Riverside