"I first became aware of court reporting as a career when I was in grade school. Our Girl Scout troop went to the courthouse and met the court reporter. Her machine and the role she played in the court proceedings fascinated me. I am thankful every day for that introduction because I love being a court reporter!"
Barbara is a freelance court reporter with over 35 years of experience. She was born and raised in Port Townsend and attended the court reporting program at Bates Technical College. Over her career, she has had the opportunity to work locally and internationally on all types of litigation including hundreds of asbestos cases. She values her working relationship with all of her clients and takes pride in delivering the best service.
Barbara’s outside interests include boating, resin art, and baking and has recently taken up golf. She enjoys spending time with her husband, two daughters, and Goldendoodle Loki.
Professional Designations & Education
- Washington Certified Court Reporter (CCR)
- Registered Merit Reporter (RMR)
- Registered Professional Reporter (RPR)
- Certified Realtime Reporter (CRR)
- Member, Washington Court Reporters Association (WCRA)
- Member, National Court Reporters Association (NCRA)
- Member, NCRA Ethics First
- Licensed in Washington and Oregon